Provides read/write access to feature data in an SDF-based data store. Autodesk's geospatial file format, SDF, supports multiple features/attributes, provides high performance for large data sets and interoperability with other Autodesk products, and spatial indexing. Although it does not support concurrency control (locking), the SDF file format is a valid alternative to RDBMS.
The SDF file format has the following characteristics:
- SDF files can be read on different platforms.
- The SDF file has its own spatial indexing.
- SDF files can store geometric and non-geometric data with minimum overhead.
- The SDF file format supports a single writer at any time, with multiple readers.
GeoView supports following SDF versions:
- Spatial Database Format 3.0
Data store provider supports following connection capabilities:
- Per command threaded.
- Dynamic spatial content extent.
Data store provider supports following schema capabilities:
- Schema modification.
- Feature classes with and without geometry.
- Characters that cannot be used for a schema element name are "." and ":".
- Association properties.
- Exclusive value range constraints.
Data store provider supports following geometry capabilities:
- XYZM dimensionality.
- Geometry component types: Ring, LinearRing, CircularArcSegment, and LineStringSegment.
- Geometry types: Point, LineString, Polygon, MultiPoint, MultiLineString, MultiPolygon, MultiGeometry, CurveString, CurvePolygon, MultiCurveString, and MultiCurvePolygon.