Layer filter expression enables filtering AutoCAD entities by layer name:
Feature Query dialog with Layer Filter
Filter expression provides following controls and options:
- Comparer - specifies comparison operation for selected feature class.
- Layer - lets you specify layer name(s) to compare against. Multiple values are separated with comma (,)
- Logical - specifies logical operator for filter expression within current filter.
- Picker button - enables specifying layer name by letting you pick an entity in current drawing (available only on AutoCAD).
When instantiating filter expression from code following rules apply:
- Evaluated only if feature has geometry.
- Is considered empty if layer name is empty.
- Is valid if layer name is not empty and uses valid wildcards.
- Comparison operations: =, <>, LIKE, IN