Geometry filter expression enables filtering features by their geometric properties.
Feature Query dialog with Geometry Filter
Filter expression provides following controls and options:
- Relation - specifies geometric relation (spatial operation) to compare feature geometries against.
- Geometry - lets you specify geometry definition WKT, or pick one of the existing geometries using picker button.
- Logical - specifies logical operator for filter expression within current filter.
- Picker button - enables specifying geometry definition by letting you pick an entity in current drawing (available only on AutoCAD).
When instantiating filter expression from code following rules apply:
- Evaluated only if feature has geometry.
- Spatial operations: Contains, Crosses, Disjoint, Equals, Intersects, Overlaps, Touches, Within, CoveredBy, Inside, EnvelopeIntersects
VB.NET Instantiation example:
Filter all features that intersect specified point (X=10, Y=10) geometry:
Dim point As New GePoint(10,10)
Dim expression As New FdoGeometryFilterExpression(GeSpatialOperation.Intersects, point)